Phone: (061) 377 179
Care of the Aged was founded in 1977 to meet the needs of the seniors in the community. At present we have a committee of 13 with a sub-committee of 24 who run the Meals on Wheels service. All committee members are garda vetted.
Twice weekly meals-on-wheels from October to June inclusive. We provide approx. 1600 meals annually.
Monthly chiropody clinic in the dispensary as well as home visitations for the housebound.
Winter fuel from November to March inclusive.
Visitations of homes and nursing homes.
Annual summer outing.
Socially monitored alarms.
We are partially funded by the HSE west.
Friends of Care of the Aged: Elenor Kingston, Mary Tierney and Philla Lynch, run an annual sponsored walk which raises substantial funds.
Our annual Christmas Church gate collection is generously supported.
We are supported by local organisations eg Craft Fair committee.
Local business and individuals donate generously.
We would welcome new members to continue and expand our present services.